Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Want My Bike Back!


My blue 2006 Bianchi Brava got stolen from outside my apartment on the night between Aug 18th and Aug 19th in Center City Philadelphia. The first and only time I forget my bike outside over night, the U-lock gets cut.

I'm desperate to get my bike back. I commute with it. I take it on long rides on the weekends (I put 75 miles on it just last weekend!). I believe myself to know every scratch and dent on it, and how it got there. And I named it - Gary.

It may seem futile to even try to find a stolen bike. After all, Philadelphia is the No. 1 worst city for bike theft. Stolen bikes get stripped of their paint and parts or sold elsewhere, or just destroyed and left in the street or thrown in a container. I know that the chance of me ever recovering my bike is next to nothing, but I really love it and I miss it. I feel devastated for losing it and I beat myself up for being stupid and leaving it outside.

Maybe someone who comes across this will spot my bicycle somewhere.

Characteristics
- ripped seat, a piece of yellow filling is sticking out
- black bottle holder
- purple scratches on frame around both tires (from always getting tangled in with my bf's purple bike)
- front tire bolted on
- has one gator tire (with red stripes)
- misses one end bar (those little round things you put in the holes of the handle bar). The remaining one should be silver.
- missing left half of the left front brake plastic (from getting doored by a cab)
- scratches from brake cable where it's been rubbing on the frame
- had a black reload top tube protector on with gray diagonal lines on one end

If you know anything about Gary, please contact me at findinggary@gmail.com. I offer $200 for the return of my bike, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I don't care who took it or where it has been. All I want is my bike back.

Here's a photo of the model:



2 comments:

Peter said...

Stackare! Jag har tittat på (och varit nära att köpa) en liknande Nishiki, fast en Hybridracer. Det är inte bara skitdyrt, utan man fäster sig ju vid sakerna också.. Jag hoppas du hittar den!

Joanna + John said...

Det är precis det som är det värsta, att man fäster sig :( Men skam den som ger sig...